We are hiring a director of children and youth ministries.
Additional information about this position and how to apply
can be found under the "Careers" tab above.
2021 Father Garry Edwards
is called as Rector
We are pleased to have Father Garry join us. A native of Barbados he joins us from Melbourne Florida and brings great energy to the hill.
2021 Flyin' Lion
Transition to Employment Program
Our Flyin' Lion Transition to Employment Program holds its first class in April 2021.
Our Mission: To create a community that embraces acceptance, encourages the talents and enhances the skills of women seeking to become self supporting.
2021 The Rafters Opens
& Hosts its First Wedding
The Rafters officially opened in March 2021 and we held our first wedding in April 2020.
July 2020: Ground breaking for our new building "The Rafters". This building will give us additional space to meet, grow, and help serve our new endeavor "Flyin' Lion Transition to Work Ministry"
2015: Church building is Renovated.
The original structure was built in 1886
2010 Parish Hall is Renovated.
The original structure was built in 1954. The inside of our Parish Hall was renovated, updating office and meeting space.
2009 Youth Minister is added to the staff.
We welcomed Rev. Matt Addington to our staff and Director of Christian Formation and Youth Minister
2005 Rev. Sarah Hollar is called as Rector
We welcomed The Reverend Sarah D. Hollar to St. Mark's. Rev. Hollar served as the Rector from 2005 through 2020. Rev. Edmund Pickup is serving as our Interim Priest during our transition.
1981 Our Slave Cemetery is found.
More information about St. Mark's slave cemetery can be found in the resource section of this page.
1956 St. Mark's is Granted Parish Status
1883 the first services were held in a schoolhouse organized by disgruntled Presbyterians; services were led by Joseph Blount Cheshire from St. Peter's church in Charlotte.
1884 St. Mark's was granted Mission status and Reverend Cheshire was assigned to St. Mark's.
1886 Land was donated and the corner stone of the church building was laid.
1887 The first service in our worship space was held.
1897 Parish House is built
Our Parish House served as the Rectory for St. Mark's Priests. It now holds children's Sunday school classes, nursery and a bride's room.
*Long Creek is the original town name for Huntersville, NC.